[mythtv-users] Running mythfilldatabase

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:48:06 UTC 2007

On 9/18/07, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> While we're talking about the automatic mythfilldatabase (MFDB) controls,
> perhaps you (or someone else, for that matter) can clear up another aspect
> for me.  If I have the automatic scheduling of MFDB enabled and then use
> the mythwelcome/mythshutdown controls to send my system into suspend
> or hibernate, AKA suspend to ram or suspend to disk,  will it wake up when
> the MFDB is scheduled to run (presuming that that is before the next
> scheduled recording event)?  In other words, is the wakeup time fed to
> mythshutdown taking into account *both* the time of the next recording
> *and* the time of the scheduled MFDB job?  Section 11.5 of the
> documentation in "Installing and using MythTV" doesn't make any mention
> of the MFDB time, so it has been my assumption that it isn't accounted for.
> Hence, I have not tried the automatic MFDB feature and instead have bashed
> together a script to extract the suggested time from the MFDB log and choose
> the earlier of that time and the time supplied by mythshutdown (my script is
> masquerading as the nvram-wakeup command used to set the alarm time).
> If I've reinvented the wheel, I'd be happy to trade in my wagon wheel for
> a modern tubeless tire. ;-)

I'm not Mike, but I reported this a while back and Mike was good
enough to fix it for me... no, it doesn't take into account the next
suggested run time. But, if the system is off at the time
mythfilldatabase was supposed to run, it will run automatically the
next time the system IS up.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent