[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500MCE Question

Tim Reynolds razialx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:16:31 UTC 2007

Hello, I am new to MythTV and I have a question about the 500MCE. I am
planning on building a PVR for my parents and I want to be sure that I pick
the right encoding card. This card is a dual-tuner. My question is, can the
card encode two different shows at once. Everything I have read on the card
says something to the effect of "Watch a show and record a show at the same
time", however would like to replicate the features of the DVR I own, where
I can record two shows and watch a previously recorded show at the same
time. I just want to be sure that this card will be able to do this, in
conjunction with an nVidia graphics card and an adequately powerful
processor. I am worried that this might be a stupid question, but I just
want to be sure. Otherwise, I would assume that I should purchase two 250s
or two 150s.

Thank you

--
Tim Reynolds