[mythtv-users] Tuning problems with HD5000

MythTV User mythuser at mydean.com
Tue Sep 18 14:22:01 UTC 2007

I am also interested to upgrade my kernel to 2.6.22. However, I found this
related issue

http://www.nabble.com/2.6.22.y-DVB%3A-b2c2-flexcop%3A-fix-Airstar-HD5000-tun
ing-regression-t4360824.html

My current kernel is:

[mythtv at gold ~]$ uname -a
Linux gold 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6 #1 SMP Sat Feb 10 15:51:47 EST 2007 i686 athlon
i386 GNU/Linux

Does this mean that I cannot just use yum (RPM) to upgrade my kernel but
rather, compile my own after applying the patch stated from the above link?
If I do compile the kernel, I suppose I would need to compile lirc as well?

It says here that this regression is addressed on 2.6.23-rc4
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/ChangeLog-2.6.23-rc4

Id appreciate pointing me to the right path on doing this upgrade. Please
note that I have not compiled a kernel yet and have always used the kernel
available in the Fedora repositories.