[mythtv-users] Cannot select SchedulesDirect asVideoSource -EL5/atrpms

Shawn Flynn sflynn1 at rogers.com
Tue Sep 18 15:54:06 UTC 2007

On 09/17/2007 11:33 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/17/2007 04:30 PM, Shawn Flynn wrote:
> > I am attempting to add a new slave backend to my current setup, but have
run
> > into an issue trying to select the correct video source in mythtv-setup.
> >
> > First the obligatory system configuration info.
> > Master Backend: Centos5 2.6.18-8.1.10, Myth 0.20.2-fixes from atrpms, no
> > tuners
> > Slave Backend 1: Centos5 2.6.18-8.1.8, Myth 0.20.2-fixes from atrpms, 1x
> > PVR-150
> > Slave Backend 2: Centos5 2.6.18-8, Myth 0.20.2-fixes from atrpms, 1x
PVR-250

> > All systems have had a 'yum upgrade' as of yesterday evening. The
> > differences in kernel versions are to deal with ivtv kmdl's not being
> > available yet for 2.6.18-8.1.10.
> >
> > The master backend (MBE) and Slave backend 1 (SBE1) have been up and
working
> > in their current configuration for months. On the weekend I decided to
add
> > the second slave backend (SBE2) into the mix so I could grab some
> > conflicting shows during the fall preview season. Everything appeared to
go
> > fine during the setup, until I hit the point in mythtv-setup where you
> > select the 'Input Connections.' I can see the 'Analog Cable' video
source
> > that I defined previously for SBE1 (and am currently using there), but
if I
> > try to attach it to SBE2's 'Tuner 1,' I get an error when exiting setup
that
> > states 'Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 2, which does not
exist.'
> > Upon going back into mythtv-setup, if I look at the 'Video Sources'
> > definition for 'Analog Cable' I see my 'Data Direct Lineup' listed as
> > '0005370:-' rather than the correct name. Pressing the 'Retrieve
Lineups'
> > button will fill in the correct data for 'Data Direct Lineup," but
pressing
> > 'Finish' to save and exit the screen does not seem to save the
> > configuration. Going back in to 'Analog Cable' video source setup will
show
> > the bogus information again.
> >
> > Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Any suggestions where to
go
> > from here?
>
> Before digging any deeper, please verify for me--since you're talking
> about the "Data Direct Lineup"--you are using the grabber "North America
> (SchedulesDirect.org) (Internal)", right?
>
> Mike

Correct. "North America (SchedulesDirect.org) (Internal)"

I did some further investigation and it appears that the issue is simply a
display issue in mythtv-setup. Once I had a period where the system was not
recording anything, I rebooted the MBE and once restarted, both SBE1's and
SBE2's tuners were visible and had shows scheduled on them. I'll know for
sure that everything is working tonight, once I have a chance to look at
some shows that have been recorded on both tuners.

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. I can easily
replicate it on both of my slave backends.

1) Open mythtv-setup
2) Go to "3. Video Sources"
3) Select a video source that is tied to SchedulesDirect internal grabber
(in my case "Analog Cable")
4) Listed as "Data Direct Lineup:" I see bogus information "0005370:-"
5) Pressing "Retrieve Lineups" button refreshes the "Data Direct Lineup:"
display to read correctly.
6) Select your correct lineup from the list and press the "Finish" button.
7) Press "Esc" to exit the "Video sources" selection screen.
8) Press "Esc" to exit the "Home" screen.
9) An error message is diplayed that reads "Card 0 (type ) is set to start
on channel 2, which does not exist. Do you want to fix this problem?"
10) Selecting "Yes please" will take you back to step 2 above and repeats
exactly as listed.
11) Selecting "No, I know what I am doing" will exit mythtv-setup and
everything will work as intended.

This is all with the atrpms build mythtv-setup-0.20.2-165.el5

Can anyone else running that build verify that they see the same thing?

Thanks,
Shawn Flynn

P.S. As soon as I have my next 'non-recording' window I'll do a 'Delete all
cards' and try to set everything up from scratch again to see if I get the
same results. I've been reading this list long enough to know that'll be the
next thing you suggest Michael. ;)