[mythtv-users] MythTV requires a better name

Barry Roberts manithree at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:06:15 UTC 2007

My sister "Tivo's" all her television.  I "Netflick" all my movies.   Today
as I was talking about a PBS show that airs at 3:00 am I unwittingly told
someone that i "Myth'ed" it.  They were thoroughly confused, thinking I had
"missed" it.

Trendy verbification is absolutely essential for mass adoption of
entertainment technology.  It is now clear to me that the largest barrier to
MythTV growth is nomenclature.  Therefore, I humbly submit the following
alternate names for MythTV, with the litmus test being how it sounds in the
sentence "I _____'ed the latest episode of [favorite show here]."  Removal
of the TV suffix is acceptable, for example, "I Bantha'd the latest episode
of  Red Dwarf".

BanthaTV
GrokTV
RipTV
ShiftTV
SuckTV
FroobTv

But seriously, Myth rocks.  It really did inadvertently enter my lexicon.
Kudos to all the devs.

Barry Roberts