[mythtv-users] Feature request: hook into backend at idle

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 19:36:55 UTC 2007

On 9/18/07, Brian Walter <blwalter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Craig Huff wrote:
> > What about using:
> >
> > #mythshutdown --check
> > #if [ $? == 0 ]; then
> >   safe_to_shutdown
> > else
> >   not_safe_to_shutdown
> > fi
> >

> > Craig.
> The only problem with mythshutdown (based on a fast scan of the code),
> is that it checks for running instance of, say, mythcommflag.
>
> In my case, all the job stuff was off loaded to another machine, so, it
> would not find the jobs.

I admit to blissful ignorance of the source code (so far  ;-).

It doesn't check for  slave  backend activity?  Or is slave backend activity
completely independent of the master backend?

I would have thought it checked slave backends and that they weren't
independent/autonomous.  Sounds like an opportunity! (or is that still
called an undocumented feature?)

Craig.