[mythtv-users] anomalies encountered updating to/for SchedulesDirect

Shawn Flynn sflynn1 at rogers.com
Tue Sep 18 20:08:05 UTC 2007

On September 18, 2007 2:18 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I have a Fedora Core 5 box with a bunch of PVR-150-like tuners that
> was running a year old version of MythTV.  I upgraded MythTV so that I
> could migrate from Zap2it to Schedules Direct.  Along the way, I
> experienced several anomalies.

[[ snip ]]

> 5) whenever I exit mythtvsetup, it complains with messages like this:
> 	Card 0 (type) is set to start on channel 2, which does not exist.
>    and offers to let me go back to fix the problem.  How can I do
>    that?  Channel 2 certainly seems like a valid channel to me.

I had the exact same error message. It appears there was a bad card
definition in the database left over from some previous testing I had done.
Go into mythtv-setup's 'Capture Card' setup screen and select 'Delete all
capture cards,' then add your cards back into the database. This will clear
all the capture card definitions from the database and allow you to start
defining them from a clean slate. Be sure to select 'Delete all capture
cards' and not 'Delete all capture cards on [yourBackendsName]' as only
aforementioned delete will get rid of that error message. At least that's
what did it for me.