[mythtv-users] Power bill vs SchedulesDirect bill

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Sep 18 22:23:28 UTC 2007

On Sep 18, 2007, at 3:14 PM, davatar wrote:

> 50W? My drives alone take more power than that. 10cents??? I
> wish... Anyone
> running mythtv only on a box should have it turn itself off.

I tried to do this a while back with my slave backend.  I found that
MythTV would simply schedule around the shut-down slave instead of
awakening it, so I abandoned the idea.  Has the behavior changed?

My master FE/BE is a miniITX system and really doesn't consume much
power, but being able to have the slave shut down when it's not
needed would be nice.