[mythtv-users] Cannot select SchedulesDirect asVideoSource -EL5/atrpms

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Sep 18 23:53:22 UTC 2007

On Sep 18, 2007, at 4:39 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 09/18/2007 11:54 AM, Shawn Flynn wrote:
>> 9) An error message is diplayed that reads "Card 0 (type ) is set
>> to start
>> on channel 2, which does not exist. Do you want to fix this problem?"
>> 10) Selecting "Yes please" will take you back to step 2 above and
>> repeats
>> exactly as listed.
>> 11) Selecting "No, I know what I am doing" will exit mythtv-setup and
>> everything will work as intended.
>>

> This sounds like you have an old card definition that's not
> connected to
> a video source (and probably on a different hostname--so not even
> displayed in mythtv-setup).

When I was reconfiguring my system recently, I managed to
accidentally create a *blank* card definition in mythtv-setup.  I
couldn't figure out why I kept getting that message until I realized
I could move the highlight bar onto an empty line in the list.  I
deleted all the cards and re-added them, and the problem went away.