[mythtv-users] Mac OSX Universal Binary for .20.2 @ thesniderpad.com

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Sep 19 00:21:58 UTC 2007

> At 10:59 PM +1000 9/17/07, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>OK I'm getting the following errors when running from the console, what
>> am
>>I missing? it appears to be configured correctly to 172.16.107.77 .
>>
>>2007-09-17 21:38:21.788 Connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543 (try
>>1 of 5)
>
> That 127... address is "localhost", meaning MFE thinks your database
> is located on the Mac. I'm not running MFE on the machine I'm typing
> on right now, but if the setup menus don't set this properly, you can
> try editing the mysql.txt file manually. IIRC, it's in your ~
> directory, and may actually start with '.' (i.e.: .mysql.txt). It
> gets created the first time you run MFE.

Thanks for that, I didn't realise the master IP address by default is set
to localhost, this is now working except without sound? under setup there
are no options available for Audio mixers have I missed something else
here?

>>mount 172.16.107.77:/storage /storage
>>mount_nfs: /storage: Operation not permitted
>>
>>I have been able to mount this on another linux box but not macOSX
>
> Most likely, you need to use "sudo mount". Otherwise, the mount point
> is created as the user you run the command with, which most likely is
> not permitted to mount the volume (according to the /etc/exports on
> the other machine.) Note that, in this case, a username match isn't
> enough to allow something other than root to mount; the UIDs of the
> non-root account have to be the same between your Mac and the Linux
> box.
>
> --
> Dan Wilga                                                        "Ook."

Still having some issues with this but I'm trying several things, I
believe there are permission problems on the nfs server. I can now mount
the /storage share but there are some subfolders of the video dir I can
access.

Thanks for your help