[mythtv-users] Our Only Option is Schedule Direct?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 19 01:40:33 UTC 2007

On 09/18/2007 08:14 PM, B Walker wrote:
> I'd love to see examples of any individual, for their own personal use (not for resale), being held liable for breaking a website TOS without their knowledge of the TOS even existing.  The transcripts would be very amusing.

But that's not the issue.  The issue is whether developers of MythTV
might be sued.  (As I said in my other message, I couldn't care less if
you get sued.)

> These attempts by USERS to 'moderate' messages by vilifying and ad hominem attack on other users certainly does nothing to promote discourse on the subject of MythTV and it's use.  It seems to be okay to talk about all sorts of other ancillary topics (modelines, LIRC, etc), but some have decided that they don't like this and feel some need to try and kill any related discussions.
>
> A simple honest answer to the original poster would be NO, SD is not the only option.  But you can't talk about other options here it seems.

You're free to talk about any legal options/options not in violation of
service agreements/TOS/license agreement/whatever (whether those are
legally binding or not).

Oh, and I, for one, would much prefer Isaac spend what little time he
has available working on MythTV code rather than moderating this list,
so why shouldn't users help to 'moderate' it?

Mike