[mythtv-users] Our Only Option is Schedule Direct?

B Walker braindead at diablops.com
Wed Sep 19 02:24:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:40:33 -0400
"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 09/18/2007 08:14 PM, B Walker wrote:
> > I'd love to see examples of any individual, for their own personal
> > use (not for resale), being held liable for breaking a website TOS
> > without their knowledge of the TOS even existing.  The transcripts
> > would be very amusing.
<snip>

> You're free to talk about any legal options/options not in violation
> of service agreements/TOS/license agreement/whatever (whether those
> are legally binding or not).
>
> Oh, and I, for one, would much prefer Isaac spend what little time he
> has available working on MythTV code rather than moderating this list,
> so why shouldn't users help to 'moderate' it?

The problem is that some users aren't helping to 'moderate' it.  Instead several are simply making personal attacks on anyone that should suggest that there are other options.  A moderated list doesn't mean one person has to do the work, I'm sure that there would be plenty of volunteers.

When the subject comes up, a simple statement that SD is the only 100% legal way to get scheduling data in the U.S. (and Canada I presume), other options are out there but the legality of those is debatable.  That would be moderating.  Calling anyone that points out other options a "troll" is not only pointless but doesn't help answer the question.  If there is a serious problem a message off list is a much more productive way to take care of it.