[mythtv-users] latest svn: how to disable "Select default backend server"

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 05:44:17 UTC 2007

> If you go into mythtv-setup on your backend then General you can set the
> PIN code to 0000 to allow all frontends to connect without a PIN.  I was
> able to get rid of the message on the frontend by doing this.
I am not talking about PIN ... PIN is already disabled in the setup.

> "For now, you could roll back main.cpp. e.g.:
> svn update -r14491 programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp"
>
> From this tread on the devel list:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/290361#290361

Thanks Ben, I thought that might be the only solution. You saved me a
lot of time.

But how do others use it? Or anyone with latest SVN have keyboard?
I would not mind this window if I could click on OK with my remote.

> It's also possible that your firewall is blocking the multicast
> packets.  If you allow access using iptables, it should work for you.
> Something like this might help:
>
> iptables -I INPUT -p udp -d 239.255.255.250 -s <IPADDR OF MYTHBOX>
> --dport 1900 -j ACCEPT

No firewall or anything else. Backend = frontend, they are both
running on the same box.

M.