[mythtv-users] OT Help: mdadm segfault

Tim Phipps mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 08:53:30 UTC 2007

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     > Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:40:30 -0700
>     > From: "Steve MacLaren" <scram69 at gmail.com>
>
>     > It hadn't occurred to me, but now that I think about it, it's not all that
>     > far-fetched.  I only saw the segfault message once; now that I can reliably
>     > boot on the -15 kernel, it no longer shows up in the message log.  I've gone
>     > ahead and ordered a new PSU.  In the mean time, I'll try dd'ing each drive
>     > like you mentioned.
>
> I'll be curious to know what the real problem turns out to be...

I had similar spontaneous reboots that were down to the power supply.
lm-sensors had been indication a 5V of about 4.4V. The new supply gets
about 4.6V and it's rock solid.

If that's not the problem, have you fiddled with the BIOS RAM timings? I
did once and since it booted fine thought everything was OK. It took me
about a month to realize that was the reason why I couldn't recompile
the kernel without gcc crashing.

Cheers,
Tim.