[mythtv-users] MySQL recordedseek table crashing regular

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Wed Sep 19 11:21:58 UTC 2007

Recently I moved my mythconverg database and later mythbackend from an
x86 single processor machine to an amd64 dual-core machine. Since then
I've had the recordedseek table get corrupted ("crash" in MySQL terms)
several times, even though Myth itself does not crash. This results in
slow seeking.

I don't see how Myth could really be at fault. The problem first
occurred when I moved the database server to the new machine but before
I moved mythbackend.

Fortunately I can run mysqlcheck then "mythcommflag --rebuild" to repair
it, but it's very annoying.

mythconverg.recordedseek
info     : Wrong bytesec:  50- 49- 52 at 4459480; Skipped
info     : Delete link points outside datafile at 21197056
warning  : Number of rows changed from 539000 to 538998
status   : OK

Has anyone else seen this?

Hamish