[mythtv-users] Multiple commercial flagging tasks causing Mythbackend to die

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:20:42 UTC 2007

On 9/18/07, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Steve that's helpful I might give monit a shot again.
>
> Ryan, since I compile from SVN where would I find the
> "/init.d/mythbackend" script? All I see is the application Mythbackend in
> usr/local/bin/- is there also a script somewhere? I'm running Ubuntu Edgy if
> that helps.

/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend

I attached my script in case yours isn't there.  I think I got this a long
time ago and had to make some modifications to it in order to make it work
on Edgy.   In order for this to run automatically on startup, you need to do
the rc.local commands.

Oh, and I also added a line in there so that rtc is enabled.   That is why
you see a frequency being set.