[mythtv-users] Integrated HDMI?

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Wed Sep 19 12:32:46 UTC 2007

Yeah, the system load seems quite high considering. I was having issues
with high system loads which I put down to the old hardware playing up
(3 or 4 when just watching a SD recording). Not so sure about that now.
Also in some of the setup menus I seem to be able to cause mythfrontend
to chew up all the RAM. It then hits the swap and the whole thing grinds
to a halt.

The drives (just running a single 120GB until I swap over the old
drives) seem to take quite a flogging though resulting in a highish
system load - I regularly see >1 which I didn't expect.

Can't say Gig-E is working exactly since I don't have a Gig-E switch,
but 100Mbit worked just fine out of the box with MythDora (not that it
would probably work at 10 or 100Mbit and then not 1000Mbit). No major
problems with any hardware apart actually from the video driver. I just
didn't install the nVidia drivers with MythDora and installed the latest
from the website.

My microsoft MCE USB 2 remote does appear to have some issues. It works
fine but then if a lot of buttons are pressed it seems to just stop
working. I think the hardware receiver may be a bit dodgy though. The
red LED is always on which it started doing on the previous machine. A
nuisance.

As for the VGA it's certainly not bad. It's just different to the built
in HD tuner (A little darker and a bit blurry compared with the tuner).
I will attempt to calibrate it with DVE at some stage. I seem to be
getting 1:1 pixel mapping no problem - haven't tested with a test
pattern though.