[mythtv-users] Integrated HDMI?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Sep 19 13:19:56 UTC 2007

On 09/19/2007 12:10 AM, Doug Young wrote:
> On 9/18/07, *Dean Harding* <dean.harding at dload.com.au
> <mailto:dean.harding at dload.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     Brian Phillips wrote:
>>     Can this really push 1080p?  I have always been weary of onboard
>>     video chips...this seems to good to be true.
>>
>>     http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128063
>>     <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128063>
>>
>>     The good part being you don't use a slot for a video card...
>     Actually *displaying* 1080p is not that hard. The "hard" part is
>     decoding the compressed stream, which has nothing to do with your
>     graphics card.
>
>     I've got a Abit AN-M2HD which comes with an nVidia 7050PV onboard
>     graphics card and I have no problem with watching 1080p video.
>

> Thanks Dean...I've been looking at this board:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138061 ,
> which has the 7050PV.  I'm currently running SD (probably use the
> SVideo Port for that), but liked that HDMI port for future upgrading
> to HD.  Thanks for confirming that as a viable upgrade path ;-)
I have the above mentioned BioStar 7050-M2 also.  I use it to drive a
1080p LCD TV and it works great.  Right now the levels coming out of the
analog audio ports is very low.  I feed through an external amp, so it
doesn't bother me and I didn't notice until someone else asked me if I
had that problem.  I'll be hooking up the spdif soon and see if that
makes a difference.  I have posted the numbers before but 1080i source
material takes about 50% of one core of the AMD X2 3600+ and 720p source
material takes about 65%.  Both of these are without xvmc.  I am not
currently using audio through HDMI (monitor only has two speakers
anyway, so not high on my list).

--
David