[mythtv-users] MythTV requires a better name

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:13:50 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, Paul Mason <latepaul at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>
> I assumed Barry was English given references to Red Dwarf, so I felt free to
> use English references myself (hoovering as vacuuming). I wasn't aware of
> the rent/hire distinction.
>
> Still, I don't feel particularly bad when American English invents ugly
> words like burglarize when a perfectly good word like burgle exists.

isn't language fun?  the subtle differences between BE and AE are
fascinating to me.  i have a very good friend who is British living in
the US so i'm familiar with several fun differences.

hire - rent
lift - elevator
bonnet - hood

i haven't heard 'burgle' in quite a while.  it should definitely be
used more often.
used, not performed...

;)