[mythtv-users] mythTV features

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Sep 19 15:19:03 UTC 2007

> On 9/19/07, Rob <motorhead9876 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I'm new to mythTV, and am looking forward to getting it working this
>> weekend. I do have on question about functionality... I already have a
>> ton
>> of AVI files that I've downloaded to another system (rip of european TV
>> race
>> series). Can I use MythTV to stream these AVIs to my tv? Can MythTV read
>> the
>> AVIs from a Samba share?

You use the mythvideo plugin.

Once you setup an area where your video files will be, you just add
new files to that storage. You may need to use the "Video Manager" to
allow the GUI to see these files.

The directory that mythvideo uses can be a local one or one that's
shared across the network (via nfs or samba).