[mythtv-users] MySQL recordedseek table crashing regular

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:03:22 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:
> Recently I moved my mythconverg database and later mythbackend from an
> x86 single processor machine to an amd64 dual-core machine. Since then
> I've had the recordedseek table get corrupted ("crash" in MySQL terms)
> several times, even though Myth itself does not crash. This results in
> slow seeking.

When you moved your database, did you just move the raw DB files (i.e.
stuff like /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/*) or did you do a text dump of
the DB with mysqldump and then import it into the new system?

It's usually safer to do a mysqldump and then import when restoring a
backup or moving a database.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com