[mythtv-users] Shutdown/Startup help

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:49:17 UTC 2007

On 19/09/2007, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> My setup consists of a mixture of Myth and non-Myth. I have a backend-only
> master server, a frontend, several workstations, one of which is a slave backend
> as well, and a couple other servers. One of these other servers is the "server
> to rule them all", a mini-ITX box and runs DHCP, LDAP[3], two printers, a
> scanner, oh, and LTSP which is handy for when I build my diskless frontend...

Any plans to consolidate the primary server and your MythTV master
backend? If the primry is down, will the MythTV backend be able to
successfully login if the LDAP server is offline?

> All of my boxes also run Bacula, which means each box has to be alive at some
> time or other to be backed up. All the boxes respond to wake-on-lan, so I've no
> problem there.

Does your MythTV master backend work with nvram-wakeup?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/