[mythtv-users] My mythvideo wish list....

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Sep 19 18:29:20 UTC 2007

> This is my list of things that I hope to get done sometime:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Awithers
>

> > 1) Option for clearing the bookmark and start video from the beginning.
> > I love the bookmarks in general, but most of the time I want to start a
> > show from the beginning.
>
> I lump this in with "make it more like Watch Recordings". It is currently
> this way for DVDs.

Agreed.

> > 2) Using the Internal player, create/play/save a Playlist. Something
> > similar to the Playlist in the Recordings menu would work fine for me.
> > Maybe some of the same code can be used? In conjunction with #1 when
> > playing a Playlist bookmarks should be ignored.
>
> Personally, I dislike the way it is in Watch Recordings, the few requests
> for this feature seem to want something more like what you would find in a
> music player.

Agreed here as well. The way it works in Watch Recordings is adequate
because it does function, but could be improved.

> > 3) Some different sort options. Right now I believe I have it setup to
> > use the browse mode, which sorts the directory trees by name. I'd like
> > to have a couple other sorts that could possibly be toggled with a key
> > (and hence a remote button). Besides the standard by name, sorting by
> > date with newest videos first would be of interest to me.
>
> Based on the file modification time?

Yes, but I'm open to other ideas. For example, I have a whole bunch of
Mythbusters recorded and transcoded for the kids. Space is not an issue
so removing them is not required. Plus they occasionally go back and
view old ones. So if I record a couple new ones they see the big list
and don't know which ones are the newest. Especially with school started
they don't get to watch much TV at all. I can easily jump on a computer
and see the file dates, but to have some sort options might be nice.
Again, I guess this could be compared to the Recordings menu, but of
course it gets it's data from the DB.

Thanks,
James