[mythtv-users] Running mythfilldatabase

Cottrell, Eric ecottrell at doble.com
Thu Sep 20 03:17:30 UTC 2007

Hello,

I found out if I change the MythFillEnabled setting that all four
records in the settings table change.

I did a comparison between the settings that had hostnames of linux and
scpvr.  It appears that the linux and mythtv entries were from even
earlier versions of MythTV.  These are the settings that had linux
entries and no scpvr entries.

AdvancedRecord
ATSCCheckSignalThreshold
BufferSize
CCBufferWarnings
ExperimentalAVSync
FastForwardAmount
FFRewRepos
GuiVidModeHeight
GuiVidModeWidth
JumpAmount
LiveBufferDir
LogEnabled
MaxBufferFill
MythFillDatabaseArgs
MythFillDatabaseLog
MythFillDatabasePath
MythFillEnabled
MythFillMaxHour
MythFillMinHour
MythFillPeriod
OSDDisplayTime
ProgramRecPrioritySorting
ReduceJitter
RewindAmount
TryUnflaggedSkip
TVVidModeHeight
TVVidModeWidth
XineramaScreen

It appears most of these settings were dropped in later versions but the
MythFill* ones are still used.

It looks like the 0.20.2 version I have does not create the MythFill*
entries in the settings table.  It may create them if there are no other
MythFill* entries.

73 Eric