[mythtv-users] laggy LiveTV and lag with internal player

Dennis Hand d00dtv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:18:43 UTC 2007

> Hello,
>
> I have great problems with watching SD liveTV (via DVB-C) or playing
> back recordings/DVDs with internal player.
> The picture is jerky and lagging. I have been trying to switch mpeg
> encoders, changed deinterlace settings, commercial flagging settings etc
> etc without success. The CPU load seems quite high ( 50-60%). However,
> doing same thing with external player ( xine , mplayer, vlc ) everything
> is smooth and fine. Do you have any ideas what would be wrong on my
> configuration ?
>
> my mythbox is following:
>
> cpu amd x2 be-2350 2.1GHz
> memory 1G
> 500G sata hdd
> Technotrend C-1500 for DVB-C
> nvidia 7050PV
> mythtv 0.20.2
> mythdora 4
>
> front and back on same machine
The CPU load doesn't seem high at all especially if this is a software based
DVB card. Are you in fact using the "nvidia" driver listed in your
xorg.conf file?
If your using the "nv" driver this very well could be it. Also be sure to change
your maximum resolution settings to 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 PAL in recording
profiles.

Dennis Hand