[mythtv-users] British vs. American English (was MythTV requires a better name)

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:30:21 UTC 2007

On 9/20/07, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I'd've had more time, I'd've written more about the pairs of pants.
> I think I explained it well enough, irregardless, and if you don't
> understand now I could care less,

Not to be a grammar nazi, but the correct form of the third
conditional puts the conditional clause in the past perfect, and pairs
the modal with the past participle. Your sentence should read: "If I
had had more time, I would have written more . . .", or with
contractions: "If I'd had more time, I'd have written more . . "

That notwithstanding, it was an interesting post. Now if only I didn't
have to work, I could be at home tinkering with Myth.