[mythtv-users] EPG channel order question

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:14:10 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, Ryan Rustong <ryan.rustong at gmail.com> wrote:

> To clarify this a little, when I set up the channel numbers so my HD
> channels are 3 digits, my live TV guide will be ordered like this 2, 3, 903,
> 4, 5, 6, 906, 7....but in mythweb it goes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...903, 906...
>
> I would like to set this up to mirror the cable box setup, so that my
> analog channels are 2-96 and my HD channels mirror that, except in the
> 900's.

The problem is that the HD channels are sorting by Major/Minor number (if
you look in the database there are two columns for major and minor
repectively).  The 903 is simply the display value.  I believe that if you
change the major/minor to 0/0  (and maybe uncheck ATSC or something ), it
will sort the way you want and still tune properly (but write down
everything you change so you can put it back just in case - and backup your
database while you're at it)

I would check on my machine, but it died last night.  Major bummer.

Ron