[mythtv-users] video goes to sleep and DVD rip problem

alan alan at crabbnet.com
Fri Sep 21 00:56:15 UTC 2007

After I recently upgraded my video drivers on my Nvidia FX 5200 from 9755
to 100.14.11, I had to download the driver from nvidia's website since the
rpm install didn't work properly. I had to upgrade my video driver to
upgrade to the latest version of myth via rpm.

After the upgrade my video goes into standby every 10-15 minutes.  I've got
"/usr/bin/xset -dpms" and "/usr/bin/xset s off" set in a file under my myth
users home dir in the .kde/Autostart/ directory, as Jarod recommends, and
it was working fine before upgrading my video driver and myth.

I'm running FC6 and set it up by Jarod's guide.

On another note the last couple of movies I've tried to rip have ran for a
few minutes and then just stopped, not giving any error.

Any ideas on these problems?