[mythtv-users] Help! Tuner card wont add

Michael Stephens 89iroc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 03:35:14 UTC 2007

It's definitely setup as an encoder... I'll admit I'm about of a n00b here
on this but here is my permissions for my video cards.

crw-rw---- 1 root video 81,  0 2007-09-20 21:00 video0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 24 2007-09-20 21:00 video24
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 32 2007-09-20 21:00 video32

Do these look correct? video0 is my capture card.
BTW since the post earlier I have reinstalled.  I am running Ubuntu Feisty
with a fresh install of .20.2 no upgrade.

> Michael Stephens wrote:
> > Its a new install so no capture cards:
> > I do the general tab
> > then i go to setup a new tuner card->click finish->no new card in the
> list
> > I hit escape to get back to the main setup window.
> > I setup my video source for schedules direct.
> > I hit finish
> > It doesnt list in the list of video sources.
>
> The card is not a video source, those have to be set up separately, than
> a source has to be mapped to a capture card input through "input
> connections".
>
> There is one "gotcha" with setting up video sources, you have to give
> each one a name in the top field, otherwise it comes up a blank.
>
> > I proceed to the input connections and there is nothing there.
> >

> But as Tom said, make sure it is selected as a MPEG type capture card,
> the default there is a frame-grabber I think.
>
> beww

Michael Stephens

Computer Engineering Student
University of Wyoming