[mythtv-users] Motorola DCH3200 STB

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Fri Sep 21 04:18:30 UTC 2007

Hi all -

I have a DCT6200 STB connected to my Myth machine.  The old DCT5100 which
I was using on the upstairs set took a dump, and I took it back to the
cable company today....in exchange, they gave me the "latest model" - a
DCH3200.  At first glance, this thing looks pretty good - two Firewire
ports (though the SOBs have probably disabled all the good stuff), two USB
2.0 ports and an Ethernet connection; also has an HDMI output.

I'm tempted to hook this thing up to my Myth setup downstairs, but I just
did a search on the Gossamer Threads Myth Users' message list and didn't
get a hit (using "DCH3200" as the search term).  Anyone using one of these
with a Myth box (meaning, in part: has someone written a channel-change
script like 6200ch for it?) and if so, how do you like it?  And, if you're
with Time Warner Cable in the Los Angeles area ... do you get anything
over the Firewire ports or the Ethernet port?

Thanks

Bob