[mythtv-users] Is SD data as current as it used to be?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Fri Sep 21 20:15:14 UTC 2007

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> writes:

> IMHO, it's not useful to refresh at a week out.  The data is still very
> "liquid"/undetermined at that point and really only settles down a day
> or two before air times.  I think waiting to refresh only tomorrow is a
> good approach.

I'm not sure I agree. With the new season, a number of shows are being
re-broadcast on the weekend, and the scheduler is making heavy use of
them. So your desision not to record a show today depends on the
accuracy of data up to a week ahead. I'd kind of like to know if those
rebroadcasts go away while there's still time to record the original.

I think that liquidity is an argument in favour of refreshing more
often. I'm half tempted to run with --refresh-all for the first few
weeks of the season!
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991