[mythtv-users] Burned Movie - Audio Tracks Mixed Up

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Sep 22 03:46:39 UTC 2007

Rod Smith napsal(a):

> I'm not sure about the English/Spanish/French mixup, but this sounds like a
> problem with some recent versions of MythDVD. I Googled it when I ran into
> problems with the sound on DVDs I created not playing and I found it's a
> known issue that's been fixed. (I didn't save the URL for that discussion,
> though.) For me, the problem occurred after I upgraded from 0.20.whatever to
> 0.20.2.whatever (for SchedulesDirect support) on an Ubuntu system. I assume
> the fix didn't get into the version I installed. Try playing your burned DVD
> on a conventional DVD player or using xine. If it's OK, then just chalk it up
> to a MythDVD problem that will eventually get fixed, or that you can fix now
> if you go to the effort of tracking down and installing the appropriate
> bug-fix release.

I've also run into "broken" DVDs where the soundtracks don't make sense
- eg stereo spanish is the primary, stereo english is secondary, and 5
channel english is track 129.  Try using mplayer and/or lsdvd to see
what soundtracks are where.

--
  o__

Linux stuff has made big progress over the competition. When things sit and don't start right away, we have a watch, and those poor guys have to settle for an hourglass.