[mythtv-users] kind of job groups?

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 05:20:18 UTC 2007

On 9/21/07, Michael Kurtz <myth at friendz.de> wrote:
> What I want to achieve is to distinguish between different kinds of jobs in a
> way that I can assign a maximum number of simultaneous tasks per job-type.
> My problem is: When I allow 3 jobs to run at a time there often run just 3
> transcoding processes and commercial flagging had not started when I wanted
> to watch the recording. How can I seperately limit the number of allowed jobs
> for transcoding and flagging to allow for example 3 flagging tasks at a time
> + 1 transcoding task? Is there a way to achieve this? I use mythtv from the
> current fixes branch.

Not sure if this helps, but there is in an option in mythtv-setup that
specifies that any commflagging job should be run before transcoding
jobs.  If you enable this, commflagging always gets done first.

Also, there is another option to defer transcoding jobs for 'x' number
of days.

I use this so that all of my transcoding happens in the middle of the
night and doesn't interfere with watching.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com