[mythtv-users] OSD flicker in svn?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Sep 22 15:34:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 10:36 -0400, David Frascone wrote:
> After upgrading to svn, the osd flickers a lot, depending on the
> signal.  Is there some new setting I need to change?

It's probably "shimmering" this is a side effect of using bob
deinterlacing when the refresh rate of the monitor doesn't
match the video, or when the monitor has a quick phosphors.

Just go into
"Utilities/Setup"->"Setup"->"TV Settings"->"Playback"

On the "Playback Profiles" page there will be a list of all the
different configurations you use when playing back different
resolution video streams. Click the "Edit" button next to each
and go to the "Primary Deinterlacer" combo box and change it
from "Bob (2x)" to something else. "Linear blend" is popular.

-- Daniel