[mythtv-users] New to mythtv - unable to watch channels

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Sep 22 15:38:25 UTC 2007

Dan Wilson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> When I try to use mythtv, however, I see two problems, and I suspect they are related.
>
> First, mythtv-setup doesn't appear to do anything when I try to select the "Fetch channels from listings source" button in the "Connect source to input" screen.  However, if I select "Scan for channels", it shows all of the channels I would expect to find, and none that I wouldn't, so possibly it is finding the channels?

This is not an instantaneous happening. "Fetch channels from listings
source" can take quite a while (a minute or more in some cases for me).

I've also had to try more than once to get fetch channels to work, don't
know why, or if it's on my end or not, I just tried again and it worked.

This was just as SD was starting up, so I chalked it up (probably
incorrectly) to heavy traffic.

beww