[mythtv-users] Help! Encoder state from status XML?

HN Plato hnplato at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 22 16:47:48 UTC 2007

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what the encoder numerical state
values mean from the status xml.

I'm writing a monitor daemon to send xap notification when encoders change.
The easiest way to do this is to parse the xml:

http://localhost:6544/xml

This give encoder information as follows:

<Encoders count="3">
  <Encoder local="1" connected="1" id="1" state="0" hostname="lcx1" />

I know that 0 means idle and 4 means recording, however I cannot find any
information on what states 1,2 or 3 mean. Does anyone know what these
numeric values refer to?

thanks!