[mythtv-users] Incorrect pixel size ratio after distro upgrade?

Lance wittfan at wittfootball.com
Sat Sep 22 20:56:53 UTC 2007

I have a dedicated frontend on a OLD BookPC with an i810 chipset. The frontend is
connected to the VGA port on a 16:9 monitor.

This setup worked perfectly until I upgraded from Mandriva 2007.0 to Mandriva
2007.1. After the upgrade, Myth stretched all my 4:3 SD recordings and live tv to
fill my 16:9 monitor screen. In other words, the black bars that used to be on
either side of my monitor disappeared. Oddly enough, the upgrade didn't affect
MythGallery's aspect ratio. Cycling through the aspect ratios by pressing the "W"
key when viewing live or recorded tv only made the distortion worse. Reverting to
Mandriva 2007.0 fixed the problem.

This is not a problem with MythTV, because the MythTV software version never
changed. I was running 0.20.2 both before ad after the upgrade.

Right now this is not a big deal. I can just stick with Mandriva 2007.0. But I
may have to upgrade sometime in the future. I thought that perhaps I was
suffering from the Xinerama problem others have described here, but I can't find
any indication that this chipset supports Xinerama or that, if it does, it is active.

Does anybody have any suggestions where I should start trying to debug this thing?