[mythtv-users] MythTV isn't seeing my IRC events

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 23:09:12 UTC 2007

On 9/22/07, Jay Mallar <jaymallar at gmail.com> wrote:
> What am I missing?
>
> * Where does the lircrc file really go? (I'm using mythtv-0.20.2 built
> from scratch).

According to the source, the file is checked in two locations:
~/.myth/lircrc
~/.lircrc

(mythmainwindow.cpp lines 59 and 61 from SVN trunk)

> * What is the program string for native IRC support?  "mythtv"?
> "mythfrontend"?  Nothing seems to work

The program string is 'mythtv'.

> * When I run via irxevent, why isn't Myth seeing the events?

Not sure on this one... never tried irxevent for MythTV.

> * Is there any way to debug what's happening here with the frontend?
> Nothing shows up in the system logs.

Make double-sure that Myth was successfully built with lirc support.
Do something like this to check:

# ldd /usr/bin/mythfrontend |grep lirc
        liblirc_client.so.0 => /usr/lib/liblirc_client.so.0 (0xb5e90000)

Also do:

# mythfrontend --version
Source code version     : 14501M
SVN Branch              : trunk
Library API version     : 0.21.20070910-2
Network Protocol Version: 36
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_backend using_dvb using_frontend
using_ivtv using_lirc using_lmsensors using_opengl_vsync
using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_xvmc using_xvmc_opengl using_bindings_perl using_opengl
using_xvmc_pbuffer

Make sure you see 'using_lirc' in your compiled in options.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com