[mythtv-users] Nova T 500 Lock problem

Rob rob at rob7122.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 00:49:01 UTC 2007

o.k well as an update I decided that I'd messed around so much with my
current rig that I should start again from scratch. So I reinstalled
ubuntu, got the nova t 500 drivers rolling. And installed the standard
package which is Library API version: 0.20.20060828-3.

Tried to do a full scan with an extended timeout on the nova t and it
found nothing. Did a scan on my transmitter TheWrekinB and got some
channels as before.

Imported it into myth and there we go it worked, watching bbc1 on myth
as I type.

Cleared the channels list and did another scan but on the "existing
transports", this found the same load of channels BUT none of them would
display in mythfrontend, I got the "L__" problem, partial lock. So
deleted all them, and reimported from channels.conf, they all work again
bar the radio channels which won't play.

So my conclusions are that when myth imports directly from channels.conf
its getting the right information, but I'm assuming because it didn't
scan them itself it doesn't recognise the radio channels as such and so
treats them as a normal channel, would that be consistant?

I say that because the later versions of myth which I tried previously
all seemed to use channels.conf as a pointer and proceeded to scan those
transports listed there, so in effect doing its own scan, again when it
did the scan itself the channels would never display.

So presently I either need to figure out a way to get myth to treat the
radio channels as such or get the scan to work correctly. Does anyone
have any pointers towards a solution? Personally I think solving the
radio bug would be simplest since at least I'm part way there at the moment.

Rob