[mythtv-users] Lost Swap space

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Sun Sep 23 11:47:19 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 08:27:24PM -0500, Craig Huff wrote:
> On 9/22/07, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sigh...
>
> Spoke too soon.  It reported no swap again when I just tried to shut down.
>
> What could be causing my swap partition to keep getting trashed?  Is there
> some encryption function being used in Fedora Core 6 on swap space that
> isn't being initialized properly when I mkswap and turn it on while the
> system is running with swapon -a?

It's probably not being trashed -- it's more likely that it
the existing swap partition isn't being recognized.

Pick a method of mounting, either label or device, but not both,
and run mkswap to make it and swapon to start it. Then go to
/etc/fstab and make sure the mount line is correct. The mount
point is none and the fstype is swap.

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.