[mythtv-users] Help in Design of Mythtv Setup

Christopher Riordan cpr at hal-9000.net
Sun Sep 23 16:08:03 UTC 2007

I currently run Mythtv with 1 Backend (closet) , and 3 Frontends(living
Room, Bed Rooms), with NO Tv capture. I am rebuilding a new Backend
(Ubuntu 2TB storage)) to support more drive space.

I am looking to purchase Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-MCE Kit (includes remote
and USB IR Blaster))

Question I have is this:
I want to expand the TV to 2-3 Tuners, Do they all go in the Backend? or
do I have to put them in each of the Front Ends? To use the Remote? I
currently have Directv. If I can would love to move the STBs to the
Closet and out of the way of everything else. I tried reading the Wiki,
but get lost kinda easily. Is there a way to assign potential Tuners to
certain Frontends? So 2 Bedrooms share a tuner, Livingroom get's it own?

FrontEnd: Intel P3 1ghz 384 RAM, DVD Drive,, Nvidia Fx5200
Backend: Inel P4 1.8ghz 1gb RAM, 2+TB drivespace.

Chris