[mythtv-users] globally starting recordings early/stopping late

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Sun Sep 23 21:41:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 07:32:08AM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> Utilities/Setup>Setup>TV Settings>General>4th Screen
>
> Time to record before start of show (in seconds)
> Time to record past end of show (in seconds)
>
> For sporting events that typically run over the scheduled time, you
> can use the next settings on the screen:
>
> Category record over-time
> 	Category of shows to be extended: <category name>
> 	Record past end of show (in minutes):

This was a very helpful suggestion.  I record a lot of sports events and
often have had to manually set overrides for the end time.

However, I have yet to get the 'Category record over-time' to work.  I
currently have typed 'Sports event' in the category and the time set to
30 minutes.  So far none of my sporting event recordings have recorded
past the 'natural' end time.  I am running recent SVN.  (should Sporting
Event rules show the end time to be 30 minutes later than the 'natural'
end time?)

A few UI questions.

1) Why is the 'Category' item a text box?  Shouldn't that be a drop
down with all categories available for selection?

2) What would I do if I have more than one category that needs to have
to record 'over-time'?

3) What if the categories should have different times?

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car