[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Sep 23 23:47:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 03:33:44PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> Where you get into trouble these days is if you have ISA boards that you
> need to plug in (or, shudder, Microchannel), machines with those slots
> are getting pretty rare :-)

And the other problem is that newer hardware rarely comes with drivers
for, frex, Win2k.  Luckily, XP drivers will *sometimes* work for that.

But they're strangling the life out of the older OSs, as well as the
hardware.  In the case of the hardware, it's the opposite problem: no
Vista drivers for that chipset...

Cheers,
-- jra