[mythtv-users] XvMC playback problem

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 08:30:50 UTC 2007

Using mythtv 0.20.2 I'm getting stuttering playback of some recordings,
apparently at random.

Building the same sources without XvMC everything appears to work fine,
but when I configure using:

  ./configure --enable-dvb --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-opengl
--disable-opengl-vsync --xvmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA_dynamic --disable-xvmc-vld

some recordings stutter on playback, no matter how much I tweak the
various NVIDIA driver/XvMC options as recommended on the wiki and in
postings to this list.

Where a recording includes the end/beginning of previous/subsequent
programmes, playback will sometimes start ok, then stutter for the
programme I wanted to record and return to working ok for the start of
the next programme.

The same problem occurs with any of the last three NVIDIA drivers (9639,
100.11.14 and 100.11.19).

This is using a front-end with a 2.4GHz P4, 1GB RAM and an FX6200 which
has no problems at all running without XvMC.  It would be nice to get it
working though.

Any ideas what could be causing this to happen?

James