[mythtv-users] Using NuvExport on Videos?, or HR.HDTV Script for HD transcoding?

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:55:46 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I've been looking for a good script for converting my HD videos down to a
more manageable size using Xvid etc. I tried the script on the wiki (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff#Encoding), but I keep
getting the error:

"Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
The bitrate option must be an integer: --19456
Error parsing option on the command line: -xvidencopts

Exiting... (error parsing command line)"

So I tried transcoding an HD recording with NuvExport and I was pleased with
the results.

So can anyone tell me what might be wrong with the HR.HDTV script or how I
could use NuvExport to transcode Videos?

Thanks in advance!

Joe