[mythtv-users] 1 lineup, 2 sources (ananlog and digital)

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:58:16 UTC 2007

>I am trying to get digital lineup and analog lineup using only
1 lineup. I
>have followed the guide here:
>http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.4
>(it's the caching support guide)
>
>these are the errors I get within mythbackend.log.
>
>2007-09-20 08:05:48.619 DataDirect: Saving listings to DD
cache

http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService
>            => `-'
>Resolving webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com...
failed: Name or
>service not known.
>2007-09-20 08:06:08.762 DataDirect, Error: Failed to save DD
cache!
>redownloading data...

This makes it look like the user running mythfilldatabase (i.e.
the user
running mythbackend if this is an "automatic" execution) doesn't
have
write permission to the /tmp directory.

>--08:06:08--

http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService
>            => `-'
>Resolving webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com...
failed: Name or
>service not known.

Though this is probably the root of the problem (and may even be
why it
fails to save the data--because there is none).  Problem with
your DNS
server/resolv.conf/nsswitch.conf?

Mike

Mike,
Thanks for responding. mythtv user is the owner of the mythbackend running,
here is the ps aux command:
/usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
--pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid

And /tmp is owned by root:root but is read/write/execute for all
(drwxrwxrwt).
So I still am unaware of why this is working or even if I should be worrying
about these errors. As far as my dns server not working, I can view the
internet all day, no problems resolving any addresses, and mythfilldatabase
has run successfully plenty of times per mythweb backend status.