[mythtv-users] OTA HD is sometimes good, sometimes bad...

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:22:10 UTC 2007

This is basically a continuation of the thread I started several
months ago:

Since that post, I've upgraded to an HD Antenna, the Terk indoor
antenna:

    http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Technology-HDTVi-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B0001FV36E/

Generally it works.  But occassionally---and quite
unpredictably---recorded shows will be badly pixellated and have
numerous audio problems.

A good example is last night: I recorded The Simpsons at 7:00 PM
(Central time); the recording had a few very minor blips, but was
otherwise fine.  I tried to record The Family Guy at 8:00 PM, and it
was unwatchable, for the whole duration (1 hour) of the show.  Badly
pixellated, jerky audio, random pauses and jumps.

I can't imagine what could have happened in the half hour between
these two shows that would cause one to be nearly perfect and the
other unwatchable.  I didn't move the antenna at all, didn't use the
MythTV box for anything else during that time.

Should I try another antenna?  Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Matt