[mythtv-users] Popping noise when starting recording.

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 24 18:59:19 UTC 2007

Wild guess here, but are you running Ubuntu 7.04 with an HdaIntel sound
chip?

I had the exact problem you are describing.  This compiling alsa how-to
fixed my problem.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto

Note: Next time your kernel is updated you will have to do this again.

Good Luck,
Jon