[mythtv-users] Using Xine to play WMV files

Wim Fokkens wimfokkens at planet.nl
Mon Sep 24 20:39:27 UTC 2007

Hello

I am running mythdora 4.0. And I am using Mplayer to play WMV HD movies.
This works but I have some problems.

First: audio and video are not lipsync. They are in the beginning but after
15 minutes the lipsync is way off.

Second: The aspect ratio is wrong (picture is not high enough).

Third: Playback is not perfectly smooth. It is smooth when I play the files
with VLC but with VLC I don't hear audio.

So I tried Xine but it said it dit not not find the WMV and WMA codecs.

I can play the files with mplayer so the win32 codecs are properly
installed.

I like to know the path were mplayer installs its win32 codec's so I can set
the right path in xine.

Thanks

Wim