[mythtv-users] MythMusic: rebuild music database?

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Mon Sep 24 21:14:36 UTC 2007

> So did you end up doing just that (truncating all the tables
> starting with music_)?

Yup - then MythMusic will automatically rescan once you start it.

> Is the MythMusic table structure documented anywhere (other than
> implicitly in the code)?  I'd like to DELETE FROM as few as tables
> as possible, although I suppose it's not hard to make a backup of
> the database.

I had a look at them - me bad! If you have smart playlists, don't truncate
the music_smart* tables. The regular playlists have song IDs in them, so
those probably won't match after a rescan. The musicmetadata and
musicplaylist tables are from a previous version if you have them, they
don't seem to get dropped on the DB upgrade. All other tables are
inter-related, so leaving one of them just pollutes the database.

	Herman